Monday, July 8, 2019

Finding Strength In the Storms of Life

There are a lot of different storms, there’s snow storms, wind and rainstorms, ice storms, etc.  We all have faced storms in our lives. My storms may be different than your storms but they are still storms.   Some people’s storms are worse than the ones I have experienced,. I may not have experienced all of the storms, like a snow storm, but I have experienced some storms. 


Growing up here in south Louisiana all my life,  I have experienced many hurricanes and they’re not fun!  But one thing I noticed about being in a hurricane, if you have other people with you during that time it helps with the endurance of the storm.  So I’m here today to tell you “We’re not called to fight alone!!”


We need to surrender to the will of God and not the will of the enemy.  Pick up your weapons and fight and surround yourself with people who will fight with you.  


 Someone once said “Sudden storms will come like someone sneaking up behind you with a baseball bat and slamming you in the back of the head.  You will probably fall down-there’s no shame in falling down. The question is will you stay down and lick your wounds or will you get up and fight?


Proverbs 24:16- “For a righteous man may fall seven times and rise again, but the wicked shall fall by calamity (which means cause of misery) 


We must enter the battle with our whole armor of God on (Ephesians 6) but always remember to seek God in the midst of the battle


If we seek Him in the spiritual skirmishes and sudden storms we will hear His strategy, receive His power and find a faster path to victory


During spiritual attack and storms our minds and bodies get worn down 

Proverbs 24:10 warns us If you faint in the day of adversity, your strength is small.


We must build ourselves up by spending more time with God when storms try to overwhelm us.  We need enduring spirits- strength in our inner man 

Isaiah 40:31-But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary,  They shall walk and not faint.


I was riding my bike one day and the wind was blowing kinda hard.  I had set a goal of how far I wanted to ride. As long as I was riding with the wind it was easy.  But going against the wind I had to push and pedal a little harder and it took me a little longer but I wasn’t giving up.  Satisfaction came when I completed my journey because I pushed through even though it was tough at times


Corrie Ten Boom quote “When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don’t throw away the ticket and jump off.  You sit still and trust the engineer” 

TO BE CONTINUED ON NEXT POST...

Feel free to leave a comment😊

1 comment: